Story of the week
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIOSYSTEMS ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
VISION & MISSION
The vision of the Department is to be a leading world-class Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Department in any University with National and International acclaim; a Department where the advancement of agricultural engineering technology is continuously dynamic and where disciplined and leading engineers equipped with necessary knowledge, skills and morals, required in the public and private sectors of the economy are raised for the much needed agricultural revolution, rapid industrialization and development of Nigeria, Africa and the world.
The mission is to develop into an International resource center that will continue to support and develop scientific innovations and inventions aimed at providing solutions to numerous challenges stalling the all-round agricultural development of Nigeria and Africa which would be achieved through these frontiers:
• Innovation in engineering and technology necessary to drive the agrarian revolution mandate of Landmark University and beyond.
• State-of-the-art technological and engineering training that prepares the graduates for responsibilities of the workplace.
• Continuous engagement and commitment to appropriate teaching and research activities so as to produce the most sought-after agricultural engineers by all employers of labour, post graduate schools and Research institutes all over the world.
• Establish workable and sustainable industry-institution linkages for mutually beneficial relationships.
• Sound moral training that will result in graduates who have sound moral principles engraved in their innermost being.
• A conducive environment for excellence in Engineering and Technology where expertise and facilities to accelerate the pace of industrial development can be provided and sustained.
• Generation of revenue through the development and production of simple, efficient and effective agricultural tools and machines.
The Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering was established as one of the foundation Departments under the College of Science and Engineering right from the inception of Landmark University in March 2011. It started as the Department of Engineering with the inclusion of Agricultural Engineering Unit as one of the Units under it but with effect from the commencement of 2012/ 2013 academic session in September 2012; Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering became a full fledge Department.
- Message from the HOD
The department of Agricultural Engineering is first of its kind in any private University in Nigeria and it’s a vital engineering discipline that integrates engineering solutions to myriads of challenges facing agriculture through the application of basic concepts to remove drudgery in production of food, feed and fibre for the benefit of humanity. Our department emphasizes a range of research areas including modern agricultural production, post-harvest engineering, food engineering, soil and water conservation, renewable engineering and bio process engineering. The department offers the core link between the other engineering departments, life sciences and agricultural sciences in fulfilling the Agrarian Revolution (food security) mandate of the University. A pursuit of a degree in the department promises to be an exciting adventure as a degree in this field covers all areas of major Agro - allied industries which include the designing of agricultural equipment, production, handling, and processing of biological materials for food, feed, and fibre; the preservation of natural resources and environment quality; and conversion of wastes to energy. Engr. Dr. Abiodun A. Okunola, MNSE, MNIAE, MASABE, COREN Regd.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
•Undergraduates The Department offers a five-year programme leading to the award of Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) in Agricultural Engineering and is housed within the Engineering complex on campus. During the course of the training, students are exposed to modern agricultural practices in the Departmental irrigation field, University Teaching & Research farm and the Landmark University farm aside other practical experience of Student Work Program and Student’s Industrial Work Experience Scheme.
• Postgraduates This is at an advance stage of implementation
- Admission Requirement UTME Admission:
Admission to the 100 level is through the UTME of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board. To be eligible for admission, candidates must have a minimum of five credit passes in the General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) or NECO or its equivalent at not more than two sittings in subjects, which include Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language and either credit pass in Further Mathematics, Biology, or Technical Drawing. U.T.M.E Subjects: The following subjects, English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics must be taken and overall score must not be less than minimum score prescribe for admission into Nigerian Universities. RESEARCH This is conducted in research clusters that are listed
• Post-harvest handling and processing
• Renewable Energy and conversion
• Farm Machinery and farming Techniques
• Robotics and Automation
• Soil, water & Environmental Technology COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT Experts from the Department are consultants to various FADAMA projects across Nigeria. Counseling and mentoring activities in some Secondary Schools in Kwara States.
E mail – email@example.com
Phone: (234) 816 086 4515
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.