Story of the week
REPORT OF THE VISIT OF OMU-ARAN YOUTH FORUM TO THE MANAGEMENT OF LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN ON 22ND OCTOBER 2015
The Representatives of Omu-Aran Youth Forum paid a courtesy visit on the Management of Landmark University on 22nd October 2015.
- To present a birthday gift to the Chancellor, Dr. David Oyedepo, on the occasion of his 61st Birthday Anniversary
- To appreciate the Chancellor for living a life of great impact at home and abroad.
- To reiterate their loyalty to the Chancellor’s inspiring and exemplary leadership.
- To notify the University Management of their intention to institute Annual Award of Excellence for the Best Graduating Student in the University.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE PRESIDENT OF OMU-ARAN YOUTH FORUM
- Pastor Lawal Adedoyin appreciated God for the life of His Servant, Bishop (Dr) David Oyedepo and His grace over him, his Family and Ministry.
- He considered it a great privilege to have the Chancellor as an indigene of Omu-Aran, where Landmark University is situated and has opened up Omu-Aran to the lime light.
- He articulated the decision of the Forum to present a birthday gift to the Chancellor and institute an Annual Award of Excellence for the Best Graduating Student in the University in recognition and support of the excellence which the Chancellor stands for.
- He appreciated the Vice-Chancellor of Landmark University, Professor Aize Obayan for her administrative passion for excellence and spiritual zeal to win souls for Christ as demonstrated even in Omu-Aran town in the on-going Wonder-Double Prophet Agenda of the Living Faith Church Worldwide.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MEETING
Issues discussed at the meeting are stated below.
- There were testimonies of Chancellor’s impact on his home base which culminated in the establishment of Landmark University in Omu-Aran.
- There was a discussion on enormous opportunities at Landmark University for youth development and community impact.
- The Omu-Aran youths were advised to take advantage of the University in their community by engaging in the capacity building programmes, particularly in farm practice and entrepreneurial training.
- The role of the youth forum in using their platform to help curtail security challenges in Omu-Aran was stressed.
- The need for aggressive sensitization of the youths on the benefits of modern agriculture and dignity of labour was emphasized.
- The birthday gift of the Chancellor, Dr. David Oyedepo, on the occasion of his 61st Birthday Anniversary, was presented by the President of the Forum, Pastor Lawal Adedoyin to the Management of the University.
- The letter of notification of intention to institute an annual award of ten thousand naira was presented to the University Management by the President of the Forum, Pastor Lawal Adedoyin.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Aize Obayan, appreciated the Omu-Aran Youth Forum for their thoughtful initiative to honour the Chancellor with a birthday gift which she received on his behalf. She congratulated the people of Omu-Aran for being so blessed with Dr. David Oyedepo, a living legend whose visionary leadership has placed Omu-Aran on the global map, particularly with the establishment of Landmark University, the current Best Private University in Nigeria. She also commended the kind gesture of the Omu-Aran Youth Forum to institute an Award of Excellent Prize in the University. She advised the youths of Omu-Aran to emulate the Chancellor in his service to God and humanity for the desired change in the society to be a reality.
The meeting was indeed productive as laudable ideas were exchanged and areas of partnership, particularly on human capacity building were discussed with a view to providing solutions to the identified challenges of the host community. The courtesy visit was crowned with prayers for the Chancellor and his family as well as Landmark University.
Today @ LMU
Omu-Aran, NGbroken clouds 37.17oC
See More >>
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.