Story of the week
Born 75 years ago at Omupo in Kwara State of Nigeria. Attended St. Michael's Anglican Primary School for Primary Education(1950-57); Provincial Secondary School, Ilorin for Secondary Education; Federal Emergency School of Science, Onikan, Lagos(1963-64); Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for B.Sc(Hons) degree in Physics(1965-68) and PGDE(1972-74); University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, USA for Master and Doctorate Degrees(1975-78). Taught WAEC Physics(1964-65); WAEC and HSC Physics and Mathematics(1968-71); NCE Physics, Physics Education and Science Education(1971-84); University Physics, Physics Education and Science Education(1978 to Date). Priviledged to serve as HOD, Head of Division, Deputy Provost and Provost of a College of Education(1971-83); HOD, Foundation Dean, Chairman of Committees, Director of Academic Planning and Chairman, Committee of Deans of Education in Nigerian Universities.Also served outside the University as Special Adviser and Consultant in Science Education to a Nigerian State Government(1996-99); Member of Governing Council of a Polytechnic, Government Directorate of Science and Technology and two Universities(1986-2011).
(See Section VII A of my CV)
1. OLARINOYE, R. D. (2016). Space-Earth Environment for National Sustainable Development. A Keynote Address presented at the Annual Conference of Nigerian Geophysical Society(NGS) held at Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State(2nd-5th February,).
2. OLARINOYE, R. D. (2016) Physics Education in Nigeria Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. A chapter of the book of Reading in my honour compiled and edited by the Nigerian Academy of Education.
1. PHY 111: Mechanics and Properties of Matter
2. PHY 119: Practical Physics 1A
3. PHY 131: Physics I for Agricultural Science Students
4. PHY 121: Electricity and Magnetism I
5. PHY 129: Practical Physics IB
6. PHY 142: Physics II for Agricultural Science Students
7. PHY 129: Physics Practical IB
8. PHY 336: Fluid Mechnics
See Section XI for more information on Courses taught before and are still being taught elsewhere.
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Education(PGDE)-Science Education.
2. Registered Member of Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria(TRCN)
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.
Story of the week