Story of the week
Dr Modupe B. Ake obtained her PhD degree in Political Science from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria,Nigeria. Her Prior Positions include Chief Administrative Officer/Head of Department Human Resources Management of the National Directorate of employment, Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity. She is currently a lecturer at the Department of Political Science and International Relations. Her area of specialization includes Public Policy, Public Administration, Personnel Management, Governance and Gender Studies. She Supervises undergraduates and final year students’ research projects. She is the Departmental Post-Graduate Co-ordinator, University Wide Course, and Supervisor for Entrepreneurial Development Studies.
1. Ake, Modupe (2015). The Nigeria Public Service Reforms of 1999-2007: A Panacea for Federal Staff Motivation. INTCESS15- 2nd International Conference on Education and Social Sciences. ISBN: 978-605-64453-2-3.Istanbul, Turkey. pp 1275-1280.
2. Ekundayo, B. & Ake, M. (2015). The relativity of heterogeneous norms and gender power on young people’s sexuality in Africa.Published by Journal of African Studies and Development. Volume 7 (2), ISSN 2141-2189. pp.52-63
3. Ekundayo, B.B, Babatunde, E.D, & Ake, M.B. (2015). Effects of Domestic Violence on Young People in Family Setting: Evidence from Omu-Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria. Published by Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), Volume 111, ISSN 2201-2796.pp 55-63
4. Olowojolu, O. and Ake, M. (2015). Globalisation, Transnational Crime and Terrorism in Nigeria. Journal of Arts and Contemporary Society, Vol.7, Number 2, pp 1-11.
5. Olowojolu, O. and Ake, M. (2015). Europeanisation of Turkish Cypriot Community in North Cyprus. Journal of Social Sciences and Public Policy, Vol. 7, Number 2, pp 27-31.
6. Olowojolu, O. and Ake, M. (2015). An Overview of 2015 General Elections in Nigeria. Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review (Oman Chapter), Vol.5, No.5.
7. Ake, M. and Olowojolu, O. (2016). Nigeria Civil Service Reforms of 1999-2007: An Analysis of the Controversies. Africology: The Journal of Pan African Studies, Vol. 9, No.3.
8. Ake, M. and Olowojolu, O. (2016). Governance and the Challenges of Leadership in Nigeria. International Journal of Politics and Good Governance, Vol. VII, N0. 7.1 Quarter 1.
9. Adedire, S., Olowojolu, O. and Ake, M. (2016). Combating Terrorism and Insurgency in Nigeria: An International Collaboration Against Boko Haram. Fountain University Journal of Management and Social Sciences, 5(1) Special Edition.
1. Ake, Modupe & Olakunle Olowojolu (2016). Governance and the Challenges of Leadership in Nigeria. International journal of Politics and Good governance( IJOPAGG)Volume VII, No 7.1 Quarter 1.
2. Ake, Modupe & Olakunle Olowojolu (2016). Nigeria Civil Service Reforms of 1999-2007: An Analysis of the Controversies. The Journal of Pan African Studie, Africology vol.9,no.3.
1. Introduction to Public Administration.
2. History of Europe.
3. Contemporary Political Analysis.
4. Inter-Governmental Relations
5. Middle East in World Politics
6. Introduction to Political Analysis
7. Introduction to Nigerian Local Government
8. Race and Ethnicity in World Politics
9. Comparative Public Administration
10. Organization of Government
Associate Member CIPMN
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.
Story of the week