Story of the week
DIRECTORATE OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
We are committed to meeting, developing, implementing and maintaining the financial needs and processes that support the overall goals of the university community by providing world class performance in a Godly, professional and service-oriented way through effective management of financial resources.
•We represent the ethical standards of the University in our work, delivering timely financial services with a high and world class level of quality, accuracy, and transparency.
•To continuously develop, implement and maintain quality assurance systems for performance based financial management and reporting standards.
•To provide essential infrastructure services to support the students, faculty and staff of the University.
•Maintaining a level of visibility that promotes service innovation that will generate internally generated revenue and a continued focus on process improvement.
•To represent the image of the University as a whole in matters related to Finance.
•To provide the Management with accurate and timely financial data for quick decision making.
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Community Service
- Ethics and Integrity
- Professional Growth and Development
- Quality and Customer Service
Message from the Dean/Director/HOD/HOP
We welcome faculty, staff, student and other University friend to Landmark University where we break new grounds by engaging biblical principles in all our dealings, within and outside the University community. The ambiances at the University make it the most preferred place for study and research.
Brief about the Department:
We pride ourselves on our deep expertise and our commitment to the Institution in fulfilling our role as a good stewards and mangers of tangible and intangible asset of Landmark University. This is the Department that deals with all the financial activities of the University. The Department is headed by a DIRECTOR
The major units in the department are namely;
- The Payroll
- The Treasury
- The Students Account
- The Expenditure Account
- Fixed Asset and Budget Account
- The Final Accountand Electronic Data processing (EDP)
DEPARTMENTAL UNITS & FUNCTIONS
- THE PAYROLL: This unit is responsible for handling of the University and associated units payroll, ensuring prompt payment of Staff salaries.
- THE TREASURY:This unit is responsible for the maintenance of cash account operations including process of payment vouchers and other financial instruments relating to cash.
- THE STUDENTS ACCOUNT:This unit monitors the income /inflows coordinates all students financial matters like school fee payment, refunds, keeping records of student debtors, checking the financial status of various students account amongst others.
- THE EXPENDITURE ACCOUNT:This unit involves processing of cheques, transfers and other financial instruments to the point of payment, signing of cheques, preparation of cheques register, handling of cash advance and retirement. Transactions in this unit undergo prepayment audit by Internal Audit Department of the University.
- FIXED ASSET ACCOUNT:This unit is required to monitor the huge commitment of fund by the University in asset acquisition, registration, maintenance and disposal of University vehicles and other fixed assets, maintenance of fixed asset register.
- THE FINAL ACCOUNT & ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING:Involves consolidation of all activities of the department and presentation of management trial balance, income statement, statement of financial position and performance of major accounting functions. This unit also deals with collections of bank statement, reconciliation of all accounts, and presentation of bank reconciliation statement, liaise with bank on abnormal bank charges/errors discovered during reconciliation exercise. The EDP is responsible for the electronic data processing and generation of data for financial statement.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.